Croft and Small Farms Subscription
Benefit from access to our independent, impartial and professional advisors, providing peace of mind, reassurance and advice tailored to smaller holdings and crofting areas.
If you are a crofter or have a small holding of less than 30 hectares, then you can make use of the Subscription for advice on a range of topics.
Advice under the Subscription is delivered by SAC Consulting’s agriculture, woodland, conservation and specialist advisors. All our advisors combine local knowledge with extensive experience. Based in SAC Consulting’s 23 offices across the Highlands, islands and mainland Scotland, advisors are close at hand and understand local conditions.
Advisors can help you start up a new business, grow your existing enterprises or fine-tune an established business.
Helping your Enterprise
The Croft and Small Farm Advisory Service can help with many topics, including:
- Managing a croft or smallholding
- Livestock rations, analysis of nutrients in silage, animal health planning
- Horticultural advice
- Conservation and environmental advice, e.g., management of muirburn, wildflower areas, water courses and hedges; grant schemes
- Organic farming
- Forestry and woodland design and management, amenity planting, grant schemes, timber sales
- Renewable energy – wind, hydro, solar, biomass and AD
- Livestock record keeping and rules and regulations
- Prevention of pollution, compaction and nutrient loss
- Grassland and crop advice including soil analysis, liming, fertiliser, grassland reseeds, removing rushes and weed control.
- Eligibility and availability of grants to support smaller businesses
In addition, for crofters:
- Completion of assignations, decrofting and sublet applications
- Croft maps for Crofting Commission or SGRPID
- Advice on the Crofting Register
- Advice on available grants such as CAGS
Apply for a Subscription
Or, contact us and we will arrange for your local office to call you back.
Phone: 0300 323 0161
An annual subscription costs £80.50 plus VAT (£96.60).
Young Crofters* benefit from the same subscription for £46 plus VAT (£55.20)
*The Young Crofter reduced price is available to those under 41, for up to 2 years.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service