Advice & Resources - Potatoes
The links below will redirect you to information and advice related to potato crop health and management.
- Crop Health Updates
- Crop Health Update (Dec 2017) - Wet summer raises risk of potato storage rots
- FAS News (July 2018) - Prolonged dry spell - what can be done?
- FAS News (April 2019) - Maintaining Scotland’s high health status for potatoes
- Technical note (TN651): Nitrogen recommendations for cereals, oilseed rape and potatoes
- Technical note (TN633): Phosphorus, potassium, sulphur and magnesium recommendations for cereals, oilseed rape and potatoes
- The AHDB Potatoes 'Fight against Blight' (FAB) service has been reporting blight alerts since 2008 .
- Blightwatch - Blightwatch is supplied by the Met Office who provide the weather data for the service and 101Smart Ltd who provide the IT services. Blightwatch is supported by The Agricultural and Horticultural Development Board (AHDB Potatoes) and operates in conjunction with their ‘Fight Against Blight’ (FAB) service. It also relies on support from agro-industry sponsors.
- SASA is the Certifying Authority for the SPCS and also carries out a range of scientific activities in support of seed potato classification in Scotland.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service