The meeting will focus on some of the key strategies which can be used to combat labour recruitment issues on dairy farms. This will include hiring, training and motivating farm staff as well as looking at local apprenticeship schemes which are available. Robotic technology will be discussed and demonstrated to see how it can be used as an alternative solution to address staffing issues.
The morning session will be applicable to all farm businesses dealing with the management of labour. Businesses which do not have a dairy enterprise are welcome to attend the morning session.
Speakers at this event are:
- Paul Harris, Real Success (People Management Consultancy)
- Melanie McEwen, Developing the Young Workforce (D&G)
- Tracey McEwan, Pre-Apprenticeship Programme, Tarff Valley
- Steve Basnett and Andy Paine, Lely
- Simon Travis and Hugh McClymont, SAC
As this is an on farm meeting please remember to wear warm/clean clothing and footwear suitable for disinfection.
Lunch is provided.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service