Hill ground has increasingly been recognised for its potential to be converted to forestry. This can generate good returns on grant payments, provide long-term income through timber sales therefore adding value to the farm, amongst a multitude of other benefits.
This event will look at a recent example of a 130 Ha conifer forest, planted in 2018 on Dalfoil Farm, Balfron.
Find out about:
- the motivators behind this project
- how to establish early on if your proposal could be viable
- the income and costs of the project
- how to finance a large-scale forestry project
- the Forestry Grant Scheme
- the multitude of benefits offered by forestry, including succession planning, tax incentives and animal welfare
- how biodiversity can be incorporated into a commercial plantation.
The day will comprise talks from several speakers, a buffet lunch, and a visit to the new plantation therefore booking is essential.
Event Organiser – Malcolm Young
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service