Goat farming as an alternative enterprise is the second event in our series for New Entrants in Ayrshire.
You are invited to join us when we meet the Young family from New Cumnock who have successfully diversified with a commercial herd of goats. The business runs around 100 meat goats alongside a large beef and sheep operation. The visit will be a good opportunity to learn about alternative livestock systems.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Alternative enterprises
- Animal husbandry & nutrition for goats
- Planning for a new venture
- Market research and advertising
- Setting up a new business
As lunch is provided, please use the booking form below to secure your place and to help us arrange catering. This is an on-farm event and you are requested to wear clean footwear suitable that can be disinfected out of courtesy to our host farmer.
We’re holding two other events within Ayrshire as part of this series, please use the links below to find out more and to book your place.
- 29 Aug 2019 – New Entrants to Farming: Business planning & setting up a viable enterprise – Ayr
- 26 Sept 2019 – New Entrants to Farming: Deer farming as an alternative enterprise – Ayrshire
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service