Are you interested in using a poytunnel for horticulture on your croft or small farm?
Are you confused by the quantity of options available to you?
Demand for poly technologies and Polytunnel produce has increased dramatically over the last few years. This webinar will cover the key fundamental topics for crofters and small holders to consider when starting up or improving a Polytunnel enterprise.
- Technical elements, with practical examples, of horticultural growing on a croft
- Cropping schedules and soil nutrient management.
- Various technologies available and the designs of Polytunnel growing.
- Possibilities for horticultural food produce
- How to process food items for sale for added value
- ‘Marketability’ of on-the-croft products.
Questions directed to the speakers can be asked at the end of the webinar.
The webinar will start at 6pm, but you can log in from around 5.45pm. Please follow the link below to join the webinar
Audrey Litterick, Crop specialist, Earthcare Technical
Rob Black, SAC Consultant Lewis & Harris
Calum Johnston, SAC Food & Drink Specialist
Follow the ‘book’ tab above to register. It will take a few seconds to register, so please log in a few minutes before the webinar is due to start.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service