• Do you farm or croft?
• Do you work or help with your family farm?
• Are you interested in all aspects of farming, from lambing ewes to diversification?
Attendees at the first round of FAS events for Women in Agriculture identified training needs. We have therefore designed this exciting summer programme of events. The inspirational speakers will provide you with the tools and confidence to drive your business forward.
Cattle and sheep records are the Achilles’ heel of many farm businesses and the thought of a SGRPID inspection fills many of us with dread. This interactive workshop aims to provide practical solutions to making record keeping quicker and more accurate, while also making you aware of what records you are legally required to keep.
- Cattle and sheep records
- EID technology with Shearwell Data
- Livestock record packages
- SGRPID livestock inspection team
Morning session will be held on farm (wellies and outdoor clothing essential)
There will be demonstrations on how EID technology can provide you with accurate cattle and sheep records at flick of a wand! Using a mobile yard, we will have “Have a Go” sessions on using EID readers on sheep and cattle. Heather Stevenson, SAC Consulting Vet, will be on hand to discuss lameness, dosing and answer all your veterinary related questions.
Afternoon session will be in Leswalt Village Hall
- Cattle & sheep record keeping – what records you are required to keep by law
- Examples of various types of packages now available for record keeping
- Livestock Inspection team from SGRPID Ayr will give an insight on “What to Expect at an Inspection”
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service