• Are you interested in understanding more about the current carbon crisis and helping to develop positive solutions?
In recent months agriculture has received much scrutiny, relating to its role in the emission of greenhouse gasses.
This Women in Agriculture event will provide participants with an overview of the current situation, a reality check on the contribution of agriculture, an insight into carbon bench-marking and clarity on topics such as net zero farming and sequestration of carbon.
The event will provide you with the knowledge required to understand carbon emissions from your own businesses, an insight into technology which is being developed to combat emissions and an opportunity to feed back to industry specialists.
- Anna Sellars (Rural Business Consultant & lead on the Industry development of SRUC’s carbon bench-marking tool
- Dr Alasdair Sykes (Senior Scientific officer with SRUC)
Borders Meeting Programme:
• A reality check, on the current Climate crisis & Challenges facing Agriculture.
• An understanding of how a carbon footprint is calculated and how sequestration of Carbon contributes to this
• An update on the positive work, being carried out by the industry, to combat climate change and promote sustainable farming.
• An opportunity for you to contribute positive ideas which will be fed back to industry specialists.
This is a free event with lunch and refreshments provided. Please use the booking form below to secure your place and to help us arrange catering.
Please bring outdoor boots and Waterproof clothing.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service