• Do you farm?
• Do you work on or help with your family farm or smallholding?
• Are you interested in learning about farm diversification and adding value to your produce?
At our next Women in Agriculture event, we will focus on farm diversification. The Wilson family from Cowbog will share their experience of setting up and running their novel diversification venture, Fluffy Moos! Fluffy Moos is the first training centre of its kind in the UK; offering away days, corporate experience days, and training on how to prepare show animals.
Kerry Allison, Senior SAC Consulting Food & Drink Consultant, will give advice on everything to consider before diversifying and how to give yourself the best chance of success with a new venture. We will also see the Wilson’s award-winning pedigree herd of Romany Herefords, with discussion on ways to successfully market and add value to livestock.
Borders Meeting Programme:
• Where to start with diversification, marketing, adding value and branding
• Hearing first hand from the Wilson family about their experience of diversifying
• Information on advice and funding support available to those looking to diversify
Please bring outdoor clothing and suitable clean footwear
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service