Join us to learn all you need to know about the hows and whys of woodland creation and management in this series of webinars.
During this first webinar, we will focus on the benefits of woodlands both to your farm and the wider environment, it will be of particular relevance to anyone who may be considering planting new woodland and to those who wonder just what benefits their existing woodlands provide.
Our panellists will include:
- Malcolm Young (SAC Consulting)
- Leona Baillie (SAC Consulting)
- Prof. Davy McCracken (SRUC)
- Kate Holl (SNH)
The topics for discussion will include:
- The importance of matching tree species to the planting site
- The benefits of woodland for livestock productivity
- How woodlands can increase biodiversity and the benefits this can bring
- How woodlands can contribute to providing public goods
You will also have the ability to ask questions directly to our panel. Please use the link below to register for this event.
You can access our Farm Woodland resources from the FAS website.
Please use this link to register your attendance after which you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Other webinars in this series are:
Thursday 16th July – Part 2 – Successful Woodland Establishment
Thursday 23rd July – Part 3 – Managing Existing Farm Woodland
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service