Join us for the second in our series of webinars looking at Woodland Creation & Management helping you to find out about the ‘Hows’ and ‘Whys’ of woodland creation & management.
This webinar focuses on how to achieve successful establishment of farm woodland.
Our guest speakers will include:
- George Hepburne Scott, Forest Carbon
- Rab Robertson, Robertson Fencing
- Jonathan Cameron, Cheviot Trees
- A Speaker from Scottish Forestry (to be confirmed)
- Stephen Adlard, SAC Consulting
With their breadth of experience, our speakers will discuss the following topics to help you understand how best to establish your plantations:
- well thought out fencing, good ground preparation appropriate to the site
- quality trees of the right provenance
- timely ongoing maintenance especially weeding
- and when it’s possible to obtain additional funding from organisations wanting to mitigate the impact of their greenhouse gas emissions and make a contribution to wider environmental benefit.
For anybody considering planting new farm woodland, this a webinar you don’t want to miss, and you will have the opportunity to put questions to our panellists during the event.
Please register to attend using the form below, after which you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar on Thursday 16th July.
Other webinars in this series of events are:
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service