This event was held in Sollas on North Uist.
The meeting had a mixure of indoor and outdoors sessions as this had proved to be popular in the past.
The first portion of the meeting was led by David Lawson who discussed a number of important factors relating to grassland management and maximising efficiency.
Following a tea break the meeting resumed with a session on cross compliance by Angus Ferguson. The meeting concluded with an outdoor session with local RSPB man Jamie Boyle who took us on a short walk over his own croft which he has been improving to benefit wader. He also gave an overview and demo of the machinery used.
- PowerPoint_Getting the most out of your grassland
- Topics: Soils and Crops and Soils
- TN643 – Weed Management in Grassland
- This technical note describes the most important weeds of grassland and their management. It is designed to be of value to low and high conventional input grassland systems, as well as potentially to organic systems.
- Topics: Crops and Soils
- Technical Note (TN656): Soil Information, Texture & Liming Recommendations
- • Web based access to information on your soils on your farm is described. • Soil texture classes of mineral soils are described and identified by hand texturing. • Liming recommendations for different soils and managements are tabulated.
- Topics: Soils
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service