The Farm Advisory Service provides a range of timely and targeted Rural Business support to help Scottish farmers improve the management and performance of their businesses.
This support includes;
- Farm business advice on key operational areas including strategy, finance, marketing, risk management, and people delivered through the web site and a range of local events.
- The provision of publications and tools to assist farmers in business management.
- A focus on timely farmer-oriented information in response to changes in the market and policy environment such as Brexit.
- Promotion of innovative activity that supports thriving farm business (e.g. renewable energy).
- Provide important Scottish-oriented market information for farm businesses and the wider agricultural industry in Scotland though on-line publications and datasets.
- Support farm businesses at all stages of their lifecycle – inception, operation, growth – and, if necessary, exit.
Podcast: Cattle handling systems on common grazings
In this podcast we hear from Dr Simon Turner of SRUC Dr Turner did a roadshow on cattle handling systems on Common Grazings in Lewis, Uist and Skye. Listen to Janette…read more >
Adapting to change through business resilienceMarch 26, 2019
Making Tax DigitalNovember 29, 2018
Figuring it Out: Book-keeping in the 21st CenturyAugust 29, 2018
Unwrapping the Secret to Success – Food & Drink DiversificationAugust 14, 2018
Securing straw supplies this year and nextJuly 18, 2018
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service