The Farm Advisory Service provides a range of timely and targeted Rural Business support to help Scottish farmers improve the management and performance of their businesses.
This support includes;
- Farm business advice on key operational areas including strategy, finance, marketing, risk management, and people delivered through the web site and a range of local events.
- The provision of publications and tools to assist farmers in business management.
- A focus on timely farmer-oriented information in response to changes in the market and policy environment such as Brexit.
- Promotion of innovative activity that supports thriving farm business (e.g. renewable energy).
- Provide important Scottish-oriented market information for farm businesses and the wider agricultural industry in Scotland though on-line publications and datasets.
- Support farm businesses at all stages of their lifecycle – inception, operation, growth – and, if necessary, exit.
New Entrants to Farming: Pigs & Poultry (Inverness)Tulloch Caledonian Stadium Inverness read more >
Women in Agriculture: Borders – Getting More Meat From GrassBorders Machinery Ring read more >
Horti-Hebrides – Diversification Options for Fruit & VegLews Castle College Campus read more >
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service