The Farm Advisory Service provides a range of timely and targeted Rural Business support to help Scottish farmers improve the management and performance of their businesses.
This support includes;
- Farm business advice on key operational areas including strategy, finance, marketing, risk management, and people delivered through the web site and a range of local events.
- The provision of publications and tools to assist farmers in business management.
- A focus on timely farmer-oriented information in response to changes in the market and policy environment such as Brexit.
- Promotion of innovative activity that supports thriving farm business (e.g. renewable energy).
- Provide important Scottish-oriented market information for farm businesses and the wider agricultural industry in Scotland though on-line publications and datasets.
- Support farm businesses at all stages of their lifecycle – inception, operation, growth – and, if necessary, exit.
Rural Roundup – Picking out the Positives from Agricultural Sectors and Planning for Water Scarcity with SEPA Read >
Rural Roundup – Pasture for Life, Exploring Unconventional Grazing, the Proposed Closure of the Forfar Mart and the Potential Consequences Read >
The Croft House Grant Scheme Read >
Rural Roundup Bonus Content: Cara Cameron Loch View Rural Training Read >
Rural Roundup (22nd March) Read >
Buying a Farm as a New Entrant – Case Study Featuring Bruce & Gemma McWilliam Read >
View all Rural Business news >
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service