The Farm Advisory Service provides guidance for farmers to improve and strengthen the resilience of their farm businesses. Support includes access to Scottish relevant information on; markets, industry developments, financial and technical benchmarks and business planning.
Market situation and prospects
- We produce new edition of Agribusiness News and Milk Manager News each month. See publications for the latest version of each.
- Scottish farm input and output prices – a dataset of Scottish farm output prices for key commodities including; cereals and oilseeds, potatoes, beef, sheep and milk, and input prices for key expenditures including feed, fertiliser and fuel.
- Understanding farm accounts – an interactive tool will show you how to use the information in your accounts to make better business decisions.
- Livestock Production Calculator – an interactive tool that aims to help mixed and drystock (beef and sheep) farmers.
- Whole farm benchmarks – the latest analysis from the 2016/17 Scottish Farm Business Survey.
- Enterprise gross margins – the latest analysis from the 2016/17 Scottish Farm Business Survey.
- Milk from forage calculator – a simple tool to estimate your production from forage.
Budgeting and financial planning
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service