Women in Agriculture – Inverness
- Do you farm or croft?
- Do you work or help with your family farm?
- Are you interested in all aspects of farming, from lambing ewes to diversification?
It is well known that women play a vital role in the farming industry. Recent research highlighted the need for professional development for women in the industry. We therefore invite you to join us at the launch of a programme of events for Women in Agriculture. With inspirational speakers and informative talks these meetings aim to give women in the agricultural industry the tools and confidence to drive their business forward.
We will gauge the requirements on a local level to steer the future meeting topics, be it diversification, adding value to farm produce or simply a refresher on record keeping requirements. We hope to build a programme of events to cater for the requirements of the many women working within the industry.
Inverness Meeting Programme
Topics – IACS, grants and social media in farming.
- With Rene Looper, we will discover how to use Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to interact with others and your customers to promote and grow your farming, crofting or diversified business.
- Ann Rae will tell of her involvement in agriculture and explain the work of the WiA Taskforce and what the members are up to.
- The IACS workshop will allow you to learn what’s involved and give you confidence in preparing or completing the IACS form – useful whether you fill out your own form or hand it to someone else!
- We will also have a look at the grants available for agriculture.
- At the end of the meeting, we will have a roundup of training requests, so feel
free to bring a list of ideas!