As digital technology helps farming businesses to become more efficient, virtually every farmer will use at least one online service to run their business whether it’s online banking, digital accounting systems, BCMS, ScotEID, or even just email. We know a lot about the physical security risks on the farm and take steps to stay secure, but most of us know far less about staying safe in the digital age. Technology can be a great asset to the business but to get the most out of it you need to feel confident about using it safely.
- How Safe is your password?
- Is anti-virus software worthwhile?
- How can technology help you to stay safe online?
- Common types of digital fraud, how to avoid them.
- Spam email – why do you get it and how can you reduce it?
Can you answer these questions? If you feel you don’t know the answers to these, come along to the fun, interactive events and learn the basics – you won’t need a computer. Click on the links below to book a place at your preferred location:
- 26 September The Lerwick Hotel, 15 South Road, Lerwick, ZE1 0RB
- 8 October Arran Outdoor Centre, Lamlash, KA27 8LB –
- 24 October The Kingsmills Hotel, Culcabock Rd, Inverness, IV2 3LP
- 25 October Thainstone Mart, Inverurie, AB51 5XZ
- 28 October King Robert Hotel, Stirling, FK7 0LI
- 29 October Edinburgh Stair Arms Hotel, A68 Pathhead, Midlothian EH27 5TX
- 30 October Kirkcowan Village Hall, 34 Mains Street, Kirkcowan, DG8 0HG
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service