5 key points from our meeting:
1. Manage your woods in order to maximise net profit upon crop maturing
2. Be aware of what grant funding is available for creation and management of woodland
3. Consider different sale options and benefits of each (single price, end product working, lump sum etc.)
4. When restocking a site following felling, consider the process, site, species, access etc.
5. Visit the mature spruce woodland prior to felling, discuss the process, management issues and income benefits (tax free timber income etc)
If you were unable to attend this event and would like further information about the day then please contact our helpline and ask for Douglas Priest.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service