Between December 2016 and March 2017 we held a series of meetings to look at nitrate vulnerable zones, nutrient budget workshop updating you on NVZ rules and common errors found on inspection in the Lothians and Borders.
NVZ rules have been in place within the Lothians and Borders for many years now but there are many issues arising from inspections. This meeting helped to remind attendees of the NVZ rules to avoid cross compliance breaches and potential penalties.
The event covered:
- a reminder of the NVZ regulations in the Lothian and Borders
- what records you need to keep to be compliant
- how to create a RAMS map
- common errors found on inspections
- nutrient budgeting, maximising efficiency and reducing fertiliser costs
- update on cross compliance and greening rules
The presentation from the event can be found below
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service