The roadshow will be held in collaboration with FAS, NFUS and the Scottish Land Commission this will take place throughout the winter months at various different locations.
The aim of the roadshow is to allow participants to “Plan for the Future” after hearing from experts on succession, legal and accounting issues and joint venture models. The experts on the panel will include, Hamish Lean, Shepherd and Wedderburn, James MacKessack-Leitch, Scottish Land Commission and representatives from local accountancy firms and the NFUS Next Generation group.
This roadshow will offer a unique opportunity to hear from experts in the field on issues such as the importance of having a good partnership agreement in place, having a will, inheritance tax, agricultural property relief, business property relief, joint venture opportunities, tax incentives and the proposed introduction of a new Land Matching Service. Finally, the real life experience of someone entering into the industry will be highlighted, and how joint venture opportunities can allow for new starts to create a profitable business.
The audience will be given the opportunity to speak one-on-one with the expert speakers over lunch.
Dates and Locations
- Wednesday 23rd October 2019 Elmwood Main Hall, Carslogie Road, Cupar, KY15 4JB
- Thursday 24th October 2019 MacDiarmid Park, Crieff Road, Perth, PH1 2SJ
- Tuesday 5th November 2019 Green Valley, Castle Kennedy, Stranraer, DG9 8SH
- Wednesday 6th November 2019 Fenwick Hotel, Fenwick, Kilmarnock, KA3 6AU
- Tuesday 3rd December 2019 Cross Keys, The Square, Kelso, TD5 7HL
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service