Advice and grants
For general enquiries or for more information about the service, phone the advice line on 0300 323 0161, or explore this website in more detail.
The advice line operates between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, covering a wide variety of topics including cross compliance, water framework directive requirements, climate change and other technical issues.
We can help you with a range of topics
Regardless of farm size or business stage, FAS can help you to increase the profitability and sustainability of your farming business through Government grants – worth up to a total of £2,200 – that can be used to fund a range of one-to-one business support services.
- One-to-one support for farming businesses
- Help to secure the future of your farm through Government-funded grant support and one-to-one advice
- One-to-one support for new entrants
- One-to-one advice and grant support for new entrants to farming and crofting
- Mentoring case study: Iain Withers, Narrowboat Farm
- In April 2017, Iain Withers, a new entrant to farming, started his own business – Narrowboat Farm, a small-scale market garden in Linlithgow.
- ILMP case study: Beauty Bhowmik, High Cleughearn Farm
- In 2015, Beauty Bhowmik and her husband Devproteek, decided to change careers and move their family from London to East Kilbride to start a farm business. Being new to farming, Beauty contacted the Farm Advisory Service (FAS) for general advice and information on soil management. FAS encouraged her to apply for an Integrated Land Management Plan (ILMP) to get the best out of the new business.
- Topics: Farm business and New Entrants