- Liver Fluke – Take dung samples to check
- Pneumonia – Many producers are reluctant to bring cows and calves in due to the mild weather. Had they routinely vaccinated against pneumonia the risk would be much lower.
- Downer cows – Blood test two months pre-calving
- Lean ewes – twin lamb disease and low lambing percentages
- More joint ill, Coccidiosis from dirty bedding
Heather Stevenson, email@example.com
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service