We are living and farming in very interesting times, with inputs inflating quicker than outputs, this winter is likely to be challenging for all beef producers. It has never been more important to take a look at your business and to ensure that you are in the best position to deal with short term challenges and take advantage of future opportunities.
Join us at Grange farm, Castle Douglas, by kind permission of the Biggar family to discuss your options.
Topics covered by specialist speakers will include:
- Current beef trade, outlook and options for growing and finishing stock this winter – Lesley Wylie, SAC Consulting
- Fertiliser and grassland plans – Lorna Galloway, SAC Consulting
- Winter rations and feed options – Lorna Shaw, SAC Consulting
- Animal health – quick wins – Colin Mason, SRUC Vets
- Policy and economic outlook – Steven Thompson, SRUC.
The meeting will also include an opportunity to have a look at well known Chapleton Angus and Beef Shorthorn herds.
Please book your place in advance so we know numbers for catering.
If you have any questions, please contact Robert Ramsay, SAC Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07826860441.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service