Getting a croft isn’t easy, whether you are new to agriculture or have been working in crofting all your days. In this episode, Siobhan Macdonald and Graham Fraser discuss how to get a croft, types of tenure, what to be aware of and how to keep a croft.
- How much does a croft cost?
- What is the difference between assignation of a tenancy and buying an owner occupied croft?
- Financing the purchase
- Responsibilities and duties of a crofter
- Avoiding becoming landlord of a vacant croft
- Lets of owner–occupied crofts
- Decrofting & Resumptions
- Bareland crofts
- Where to look for crofts?
- Shares and deemed crofts
- Contributions to the CG maintenance
- Creation of new crofts
Useful FAS Resources
Other Useful Resources
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service