A healthy body + a healthy mind = a healthy life
We know that exercise is good for us. The Mayo clinic describes the 7 benefits of regular exercise.
How much exercise is enough? There are medical guidelines on this but the real question is how can you build exercise into your routine in a way that is sustainable for you and do more than you are currently doing? Things to consider are:
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What resources do you have available to you? For example, do you have access to a local gym or classes?
- Are there people that you can exercise with?
- How much time can you dedicate to exercise per day or week?
Your answers will help you identify the right thing for you. The important thing is to do something more than you are currently doing. Some examples might include:
- Finding an inspiring piece of music and dancing to it.
- Downloading a YouTube video and practicing Pilates once a week.
- Walking a mile with a friend on a regular basis.
- Doing the couch to 5k plan
There is no need to wait to the first of January to make a resolution. You can make a commitment to yourself that starts any day. What will you do today?
If any of these emails or exercises have affected you and you feel you would like to speak to someone, support is available through RSABI. You can call them on 0300 111 4166. Their helpline is open from 7am to 11pm all year.
These resources have been developed by Kim Walker of Advance Consultancy for the Farm Advisory Service.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service