The aim of this factsheet is to summarise the key details of a Scottish Government Rural Payments and Services land-based inspection. It can be used as a guide to find out what is expected from you as a producer to meet legislative requirements, and what to expect during an inspection process.
The factsheet will cover:
- Why do Rural Payments carry out land-based inspections?
- How are inspections selected?
- Land-based inspection period and notice
- Schemes covered under land-based inspections
- The inspection process
- Basic payment scheme: eligible agricultural land
- Basic payment scheme: ineligible non-agricultural land
- Less Favoured Area Support Scheme (LFASS)
- Agri Environment Climate Scheme (AECS)
- Young Farmer Payment
- What is cross compliance?
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service