An informative day looking at the planning, design and construction of slurry lagoons
- Adrian Jones – A & M Jones Consulting Ltd
- Jackie McColm & Bruce McCleary – SEPA
- Alastair Beattie – SAC Consulting
The meeting will provide information on:
- Using a farm waste management plan to create the right size of lagoon
- Design and construction of slurry lagoons
- Current rules and regulations for slurry storage
- Making use of available grant funding
- Planning permission & building warrants
- Efficient movement of slurry into and out of storage
There will also be a visit to see the lagoons at Hurkledale Farm, courtesy of local farmer, John Forrest. Farming & Water Scotland will also be in attendance for any other diffuse pollution questions you may have.
As this event includes lunch, you are asked to use the booking form below to secure your place and help us to organise catering. Out of courtesy to our host farmer, please ensure footwear is clean and suitable for disinfection.
This is the third meeting in a series of events being run across the south west. The other events will be held on the dates below:
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service