A full post-event summary for this can now be found here.
Do you farm or croft?
Are you interested in improving your practical grassland knowledge for the benefit of your livestock and your business?
At our first local Women in Agriculture event, detailed grassland management was flagged by attendees as a skills need. The health and management of your grassland is of central importance to the success of your agricultural business.
This event will be an in-depth look at grassland management; from assessing your soils to utilising new software packages to react to seasonal conditions, so you can get the best from your grass. Led by SAC Consulting grassland and sheep specialist Poppy Frater.
Inverness Meeting Programme:
Topics – Grassland management, grass measuring, grazing rotation
- With SAC specialist Poppy Frater, there will be practical guidance on how to assess the structure of your soil
- Various grass measuring techniques will be covered, so you can utitlise the best one for you
- Demonstrations on analysing grass tillers
- General grassland management
- Using software packages to more effectively react to seasonal conditions
- Practical guidance on how to set up a rotational
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service