This meeting was well attended, which helped to create a good
learning atmosphere for all concerned.
George Niven from SAC Consulting Vets spoke about sheep health at lambing, followed by June Thomson from SAC Consulting Turriff who highlighted alternative beddings, due to the current high price of straw. George then covered cattle health pre calving, highlighting some hints & tips.
Kirsten Williams SAC Consultings Beef & Sheep specialist then covered cattle & sheep nutrition pre calving/lambing, highlighting optimum condition scores.
Finally Stuart Munro from I-Protech then highlighted the benefits of a calving/lambing camera as a modern technological aid for farmers.
Copies of the presentation can be found below to provide you with more detailed information.
- Lambing and Calving, George Niven Presentation
- George Niven gave a presentation from a vet's point of view on lambing and calving.
- Lambing and Calving, Kirsten Williams Presentation
- Kirsten Williams gave a presentation on the effects management and nutrition have on lambing and calving.
- Benefits of CCTV on Farm
- Presentation on the benefits of CCTV as a tool for management and security.
- Alternative Bedding Presentation
- With a shortage of straw alternative forms of livestock bedding may have to be considered.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service