Are you interested in farm conservation or wanting to increase wildlife on your farm?
Topics to be discussed on the day include:
- Agri-Environment Schemes and Capital Items
- Peatland restoration
- Predator control
- Rush and vegetation management
- Farm woodland opportunities
- Bringing areas of rank rush pasture back into management through rush cutting and grazing
Along with the discussions at Auchinleck Community Centre there will also be a practical demonstration of rush cutting equipment during a farm walk later in the day.
- Dan Brown, Gerry McAuley, Toby Wilson and Clive Walton (RSPB)
- Jennifer Struthers and Hazel Laughton (SAC Consulting)
- Sandra Stewart (Farming and Conservation)
- Phil Yorke (Animal Welfare Solutions)
- Daisy Whytock (Coalfields Environment Initiative)
This is a free event with lunch and refreshments provided, please use the booking form below to secure your place and to help us arrange catering. Don’t forget to wear clean clothes and footwear suitable for disinfection.
Event organiser: Jennifer Struthers
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service