Join us for the third and final webinar in our series helping you to find out about the ‘Hows’ and ‘Whys’ of Woodland Creation & Management.
This webinar focuses on how to manage existing farm woodlands.
- Alex Brownlie, A & R Brownlie Ltd, Timber Harvesting and Marketing
- Mike Davis, West Knockenbaird Farm, Insch
- Helen Bibby, Simon Jacyna & Stephen Adlard, SAC Consulting
With their breadth of experience, our speakers will discuss the following topics to help you understand how to get the best from your existing plantations:
- Harvesting farm woodland and getting the best value for your timber
- Managing your woodland to enhance its biodiversity benefits
- A case study of an Aberdeenshire farm where profitable thinning has been carried out and an FGS grant has been used to improve the woodland and farm access.
For anybody wanting to make the most of their existing farm woodland this a webinar you don’t want to miss, and you will have the opportunity to put questions to our panellists during the event.
Please register to attend using this link after which you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Other webinars in this series of events are:
Thursday 9th July – Part 1 – Benefits of Woodlands
Thursday 16th July – Part 2 – Successful Woodland Establishment
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service