Soil & Nutrient Network
Soil and Nutrient Network farms are taking a ‘before and after’ look at how to protect and improve farm soils and make the best use of both organic and inorganic fertilisers, saving money, benefitting yields and improving farm efficiency and resilience.
Improved soil and nutrient use could make your business more profitable, lower the farm carbon footprint and reduce diffuse pollution risks.
Even technically efficient farms can find small changes to current soil and nutrient management practices that could make a big difference.
Current host farms for 2018/19
- Aberdeenshire – Auchlossan
- Angus – Bogindollo Farm
- Argyll – Dunadd
- Ayrshire – Dormieston Farm
- Banffshire – Newmills of Boyne Farm
- Dumfriesshire – Limekilns Farm
- East Lothians – Bielgrange
- Moray – Balnellan Farm
- Orkney – Midgarth
- Stirling – Aucheneck Estate
- Stranraer – Balwherrie Farm
- Uist – Clachan Farm, North Uist
Read about our previous host farms here.