Hill sheep face a challenging future with new market pressures. For croft and hill sheep producers, this event gives an update on latest research, the likely future market, likely subsidies and grants, and veterinary updates.
Siobhan Macdonald, SAC Consulting will cover:
- Latest research that can help sheep farmers in the west
- Ewe nutrition through pregnancy
- Selecting replacement hoggs for rearing success, low labour and longevity
Ricky Marwick, SAC Consulting will cover:
- Sheep Market Update
Robert Macdonald, Chairman of the NFU LFA Committee will cover:
- LFASS update & Overview of Future Potential Payment Systems
Graeme Swanson from Cononvet will cover:
- A veterinary update and tackle some of the key problems facing west coast flocks over the next few months.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service