This event will highlight some of the latest research carried out by SRUC and industry and its practical application to improve the survivability and growth performance of dairy calves.
Topics for discussion and speakers are:
- Why do Dairy Calves Die? Knowledge is the First Step to Prevention
- Megan Fergusson (SRUC Veterinary Services)
- Exploring Failure of Passive Transfer and Colostrum Quality
- Ali Haggerty (University of Glasgow Vet School)
- Factors Affecting Calf Growth Rates and Minimising these with Early Detection of Disease
- Katrina Henderson (SRUC Veterinary Services) and Carol-Anne Duthie (SRUC)
- What to Look for in a Quality Calf Milk Replacer
- John Newbold (SRUC) and Lorna MacPherson (SAC Consulting)
- Calf Rearing at Hardgrove
- Alistair Marshall (Hardgrove Farm) and Gareth Boyes (Ark Veterinary Centre)
- Management Tools for Heifer Rearing and Breed4Better Campaign
- Chris Stockwell (AHDB Dairy)
Please contact Janis Forrest to book your place (noting any dietary requirements).
T: 0131 603 7525
We acknowledge the financial support of the Universities Innovation Fund (UIF) for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service