A practical day exploring the benefits of planting and managing trees on your land, including:
- Visit to Easter Bavelaw Farm, where sheep farmers Graham and Becci Barr have recently planted 90,000 trees
- Benefits of woodland for animal welfare
- Trees as an investment and timber crop
- Funding for woodland creation
- Speakers: Mark Hamilton from Landscape Services, Scottish Forestry, Scottish Woodlands, Clydesdale Bank and SAC Consulting
Free of charge to farmers, land managers and foresters. Lunch is included.
Book online by clicking the register button above.
For more information call Jane on 0131 370 8150 or email
This event is being run on behalf of Central Conservancy, Scottish Forestry
Funding comes from the SRDP Knowledge Transfer and Innovation Fund (jointly funded by the Scottish Government and the European Union), with partner funding from Quality Meat Scotland, Scottish Forestry, Innovative Farmers and The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Foundation
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service