This event will highlight the latest research carried out by SRUC and industry to improve the management and performance of transition cows over the calving period and in early lactation.
Topics for discussion and speakers are:
- Stillbirth Causes and Investigation in the Dairy Herd
- Tim Geraghty (SAC Consulting Veterinary Services)
- Effect of Social Stress and Monitoring Systems for Transition Cows
- Katrina Henderson (SAC Consulting Veterinary Services) and Andrew Pine (Premier Nutrition)
- Transition Cow Management at East Logan
- Hugh Kerr (Nutritionist) and Alistair Padkin (Nithsdale Vets Limited)
- Feeding the Transition Cow – Is it Working?
- Lorna MacPherson (SAC Consulting) and Alastair Macrae (The Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies)
- Early Lameness Intervention and its Impact on Fertility
- Justin Birch and Willie Cuthbertson (Ice Robotics)
Lunch provided. Please contact Janis Forrest to book your place.
T: 0131 603 7525
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service