Come along to this interactive session where we will discuss:
- Why has the business made the decision to finish all the 2018 crop of hill lambs.
- How decisions are made; Comparing store market price against finished market prices, looking at costs and making decisions
- How and what information is recorded; Looking at lamb weight gains, feeding equipment and carcass classifications.
- What are the Challenges faced and what are the margins for error.
- The benefits and challenges of Farm diversification, using Wig Wams as an example
- A brief history of the Acchtertyre Wig Wams, How & why they were started
- In terms of business; How are the Wig Wams connected to the farm, but operated as a separate enterprise.
- What are the key points and take home messages for anyone thinking of developing a new enterprise or thinking abour farm diversification.
Lunch will be provided.
This is a great opportunity to come and have a look at some of the most recent work being carried out on the SRUC farm.
As this is an on farm event please remember to wear clean clothes and footwear suitable for disinfection.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service