This meeting will be an opportunity to discuss and explore the management techniques and common practices to successfully establish the next rotation of woodland following clear-felling. It will also look at funding options available through the Forestry Grant Scheme and what standards and specifications must be met in order to be eligible for funding.
At this meeting we will cover site management, the pros and cons of restocking versus natural regeneration, the option of alternative restocking and look at what funding options are available to achieve the goal of restocking.
A site visit will be carried out, the woodland site is less than a mile away from the venue. This site contains areas of restocking, natural regeneration and new planting and is a good chance to show the benefits and disadvantages of each system.
- Forestry Cycle
- Restocking following felling
- Natural regeneration in place of restocking
- New planting (alternative restock)
- Environmental factors related to clear-felling
- On site visit to restock/regeneration and woodland creation site
- Douglas Priest – SAC Consulting
- Gillian McKnight – SAC Consulting
As there is an outdoor session please ensure that you wear suitable clothing and footwear.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service