Practical morning visit, including lunch, to the Croick Estate, where farmer James Hall has been trying to increase the agricultural productivity of his rushy grassland. On the day you will:
• Learn how rushes grow with expert Ian Cairns of 5Agri in order to tackle them
• Get a template rush control plan for the year ahead
• See how rush control can be combined with livestock grazing and deer management
• Find out how cutting can be more effective than herbicides and safeguard fisheries
• Discover how rushes can benefit farm wildlife
Free of charge to farmers and land managers. Booking is required.
For more information call Jane on 0131 666 2474 or email.
Funding for this activity is made available through the SRDP Knowledge Transfer and Innovation Fund (which is jointly funded by the Scottish Government and the European Union), with partner funding from RSPB Scotland and Scottish Water.