Lambing? Got sheep or about to get them? Being new to sheep management can be daunting for any crofter. Come along to this practical workshop for expert advice and guidance on registering your flock, keeping records and health planning. At this time of year, with lambing just around the corner, we will have a hands-on session handling stock and a short lambing skills session.
- Kay Falconer – Vet, Old Mill Veterinary Practice
- Iain MacMillan – Agricultural Consultant, SAC Stornoway
- Duncan MacIntyre – Agricultural Consultant, SAC Stornoway
Topics covered will include:
- Registering with Animal Health
- Introduction to record keeping
- Hands on session on animal health and stock management at lambing
- Lambing for beginners
Lunch will be provided therefore booking is essential.
Please bring clean outdoor boots and waterproof clothing.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service