An informative day looking at the planning, design and construction of slurry lagoons
- Adrian Jones – A & M Jones Consulting Ltd
- Gillian McMillan & Alexander Pirie – SAC Consulting
- A representative from SGRPID
- A representative from SEPA
The meeting will provide information on:
- Using a farm waste management plan to create the right size of lagoon
- Design and construction of slurry lagoons
- Current rules and regulations for slurry storage
- Making use of available grant funding
- Planning permission & building warrants
- Efficient movement of slurry into and out of storage
Farming & Water Scotland will also be in attendance for any other diffuse pollution questions you may have.
This is an on-farm meeting being held at Knockrivoch Farm with the kind permission of Douglas Hogarth. Out of courtesy to our host farmer, please ensure footwear is clean and suitable for disinfection.
As this event includes lunch, you are asked to use the booking form below to secure your place and help us to organise catering.
This is the second meeting in a series of events being run across the south west. The other events will be held on the dates below:
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service