This FAS meeting will highlight the main considerations for farmers who are thinking about building new slurry stores.
- Jim Campbell – SAC Consulting
- Alasdair Scott – SAC Consulting
- A SEPA representative
- A local building contractor
The meeting will provide information on:
- Using a farm waste management plan to create the right size of lagoon
- Design and construction of slurry lagoons
- Current rules and regulations for slurry storage
- Making use of available grant funding
- Planning permission & building warrants
There will also be a visit to see the lagoon at Roadhead Farms, with the kind permission of Geoff Hewitt. Farming & Water Scotland will also be in attendance for any other diffuse pollution questions you may have.
As this event includes lunch, you are asked to use the booking form below to secure your place and help us to organise catering. Out of courtesy to our host farmer, please ensure footwear is clean and suitable for disinfection.
This is the first in a series of events being run across the south west. The other events will be held on the dates below:
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service