There is increasing pressure on farmers to accept new types of organic materials for land spreading. Anaerobic digestion (AD) products can be cost-effective sources of nutrients and may improve the fertility and quality of soil. Therefore, they have a potential benefit to farmers.
Want to find out more about accepting and spreading anaerobic digestate products on-farm from large-scale AD plants?
SRUC are hosting a free meeting featuring presentations and an open forum for farmers and stakeholders to discuss using anaerobic digestates covering the questions:
- What is anaerobic digestion and what are the products?
- What is the nutrient value of digestates?
• What are the rules and regulations in Scotland?
• What about on-farm AD plants?
Speakers from SAC Consulting:
- Bill Crooks, Soil and Water Consultant
- Samantha Dolan, Soil Consultant
- Gavin Elrick, Soil and Water Consultant
- John Farquhar, Renewables Consultant
All welcome – free parking – lunch provided – registration essential for catering. Either email FBSStirling@sac.co.uk or call 01786 450 964 to book your spot.
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service