This webinar will provide an understanding of greenhouse gases from agriculture; including challenges and opportunities facing the sector, an insight into carbon benchmarking and clarity on topics such as net-zero farming and carbon sequestration. We will cover:
- The ‘challenge’ – what are the main issues around agriculture and climate change ?
- What are greenhouse gas emissions (and what they are not) ?
- What are the main sources and sinks of GHGs in agriculture?
- The path to net-zero farming
- How can we account for GHG emissions (and sequestration) on farms?
- Carbon benchmarking and business opportunities for farmers
- The role of carbon sequestration in agriculture
Speaker: Anna Sellars, Rural Business Consultant, SAC Consulting
Sign up to the FAS newsletter
Receive updates on news, events and publications from Scotland’s Farm Advisory Service